Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Detox, Day 7

10:45 pm...Long day!  I am SO ready for bed but I still need 1...more...shake...and to write this post.  Other than tired, I'm feeling ok.  Here's what I ate today:

3 (soon to be 4) shakes
2 apples
1 Spinach salad topped with - wait for it - an apple
1 small bowl of Brussels sprouts

Here's what I did today:
Taught...Pilates, Zumba, Family Zumba, Bellydance BaseFusion
Lead...Homebirth meetup
Choreographed...1 Zumba song with Anna & Lyna
Watched...Babes with Blades (stage combat theater)

My work day started at 9 am and ended at 5 pm, home for dinner, then out to the theater.  I did all of this on my limited food supply and with a smile on my face.  I honestly felt fine.  Good, even.

I saw Mishra today and asked about my lack of feeling "different".  She reminded me that the whole point of the shakes and Detox Support caplets I'm taking is to help me go through the detox process without losing my ability to function.  Guess they're working!

I left my Daily Check notebook at the studio, so I'll have to report my numbers tomorrow.  I do remember that my weight was pretty close to the same but that my body fat went UP again.  Not panicking.  Honest.

I had my first real bout of missing food today.  Not during the meetup where I served cookies (made from real, natural ingredients), not over dinner where my family ate meatloaf and potatoes and salad (with all sorts of veggies), and not at the play where the nice box office lady offered me candy in exchange for a feedback form.  I *really* wanted to eat this evening, after the theater, but didn't have a taste for anything in particular.  I honestly just wanted to eat something.  Something crunchy, possibly cracker-like.  Not for the food, but for the act of nibbling.  I didn't hit the pantry.  I sat down and distracted myself for a while, then got an apple.  I wasn't hungry but the pull to eat was strong.  This is the time of day when I'd typically curl up with popcorn or perhaps a bowl of Goldfish crackers.  I think it's safe to say that I'm learning a good amount about myself and my eating habits, and that I'm seeing how and what I want to change. That wasn't what I set out to do/learn through this process but I'll take it as a beneficial side effect.

Tomorrow I start the reintroduction process with foods AND get to drop down to 3 shakes for the day.  All the fruits and veggies are back on the table, and I can have white rice.  The thought of eating a somewhat normal dish of stir-fried veggies is pretty appealing, I won't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment