Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Detox, Day 4

9:30 pm...Well, today just zipped right past without much time for documenting its events!  I'm pretty ready to call it done and eat my veggie-heavy dinner, but first a synopsis of the day.

I did take my daily stats but I'm home and they're written down at the studio.  Doh!  I don't remember the specifics (I'll include them in tomorrow's post or as a comment to this one) but I can tell you that I, somehow, went UP in weight and body fat % (and BMI, but again, that's just math).  I'm not sure what to make of that...does my body not like rice?  That's the only thing I ate yesterday that I hadn't eaten before.  I nabbed my chance since yesterday was the last day for it until day 8.  Or maybe it just means my system is struggling to adjust to all the changes and holding onto whatever it can for dear life because its afraid I'm starving?  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  I guess it just provides some added suspense!

I'm not *feeling* terribly different, which is a bit confusing and disappointing.  I was prepped to be exhausted or full of energy, but I'm feeling pretty darn normal.  It makes me wonder if my body wasn't as burdened by toxins as I thought it might be.  Or that I'm over-thinking the process.  Or that, confronted with my highly analytic brain the changes are just too subtle for me to lock into.  Or that all the hype about the changes folks feel while detoxing are really a demonstration of the placebo effect.  Hard to say.  I'll put this into the "wait for tomorrow" bucket and see where I land.

Speaking of tomorrow....Day 5.  This is where things get REAL.  I'll be down to broccoli, kale, spinach, Brussels sprouts, apples, and my delicious (hardly, though I've discovered I can down 10 oz of liquid without breathing, and that seems to make it taste better) shakes FOUR TIMES A DAY for the next 3 days.  Should be interesting, right?

Oh, thing I have noticed...I'm not hungry.  I'm eating because I know I should, and I'm eating a fair amount because I feel like I need to protect myself given my activity level, but I'm just plain not hungry.  As under-eating has long been a far bigger problem for me than over-eating I'm not sure this is a good thing.  I've planned my detox to have the leanest days match my lighter teaching days (well, sort of.  Sunday should be challenging), so I may let myself listen to my body and only eat when/if hungry tomorrow and/or Saturday.

The bathroom situation has calmed down considerably.  I've found that taking my caplets at a different time from drinking my shakes seems to minimize my bathroom trips.  The liquid expulsion is still outdoing the solid, but solid expulsion has become more significant.  Still NOTHING like what I've heard about and everything is still clearly either solid OR liquid, if you get my drift.

So, my food intake for today has been:

2 shakes (10 oz each)
1 banana (organic)
1 apple (organic)
Celery & Hummus (both organic)
2 bowls of lentil soup (all organic)
sauteed pea pods, garbanzo beans, carrots, red peppers, onions, (all organic), with a splash of balsamic vinegar
60 oz water (so far)
20 oz tea (herbal, organic)

I'm planning on heading to bed in about an hour, and am looking forward to another good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment