Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Nominated for Best Dance Classes, and...

Hip Circle Studio won!  We won "Best Dance Classes" in the Make it Better Best of 2013 contest.

But let me tell you a story...

I didn't know we were even nominated until I got a letter informing us of our win.  Honest!  Most of the time, these contests are won through lots of promotion on the business' part - sending emails out to all of their subscribers, posting about needed votes on Facebook and Twitter (and other social media outlets I haven't figured out yet), reminding customers to vote after every visit - you know the drill.

I didn't know we were in the running.

I didn't ask for a single vote.



When the email came, I was a bit skeptical.  I decided to play along, though, figuring it couldn't hurt.  I went to the magazine offices ready for a hard pitch to buy advertising and such, but what I got was a hot cup of coffee, some treats, and the opportunity to talk with the founder of the magazine about the studio.  It was lovely!  I also found out we didn't *fully* win.  Nope - we'd tied with two other dance classes:

Zumba and WERQ

Here's the thing...Zumba is an INTERNATIONAL sensation.  WERQ is a National brand.  Both entities license or certify instructors from all over to teach their classes.  Heck, I AM licensed to teach Zumba, and we offer WERQ at the studio, too.

How cool is it that my little studio, just 3 years old, with a single location, came out of the contest in a three way tie with these two giants!

So Awesome!

So I will be flying our Best of 2013 flag high this month (and beyond) and will float around for a while on this winner's high.

Thanks to everyone (whoever you are) for voting, and I really do hope coming to the studio helps make things better for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment