Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Detox, Day 9

11:50...I just drank my last shake.  Ah, what a nice sound that has!  It is the perfect end to a solidly good day, punctuated by foods like almonds, celery & hummus, lentil soup, veggie stir fry over white rice, and an organic banana.  Oh, and an apple (gotta get back on the horse).

The reintroduction of these foods (today brought legumes back onto the scene) doesn't seem to be having any sort of negative effect.  I am going to retrace my steps in terms of adding foods back into my diet in the order I removed them even though the official plan doesn't give me guidelines past today.  That means I'll add wheat and other grains back in tomorrow, followed by dairy and eggs the next day, and will finish with meats, sugars, and possibly caffeine after that.

A trip to the grocery today (I was out of organic apple juice and bananas) showed me that I won't have to give up as much as I thought for the long haul.  I mentioned before that I want to continue to keep artificial colors/sweeteners out of my diet, right?  Well, I thought for sure that meant saying goodbye to Goldfish crackers.  Not so!  Despite their vibrant orange color there's nothing artificial in there!  Wahoo!

Today I did start to miss eggs and cheese.  I'm really hoping my body handles them both as I'd hate to learn that they shouldn't be a part of my diet long-term.  That said, the way I ate today feels totally manageable.  I know I'm getting my protein in the shakes and that I need to replace that somehow - I just mean that I didn't feel deprived today or like I had to make crazy food choices.  Good to know.

I didn't end up in the studio with time to do my body fat analysis today, so my daily stats are incomplete, but here they are:

Weight: 179.7 (down 3.5 from day 1)
BMI: 28.8 (down .7 from day 1)

We're coming close to a significant amount of weight lost, but I expect it will return as my diet returns to "normal" as water weight is typically in the 5-pound range.  No worries - weight loss was just a possible side effect, not my intention for doing this.  Now, if I hold onto some of the changes I've made AND take advantage of this new-found relationship with food I just might be able to do something in the weight loss challenge.  That'd be cool.

Goodnight, Day 9.  You've treated me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment