Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Achievaloutions - March 2015

I added a jar to each classroom on our first day of classes in January and declared them our Achievaloutions Jars.  
Students and visitors are encouraged to add notecards with their Achievaloutions (things they feel good about having done) throughout each month.  

This series will share all of the Acheivaloutions in hopes of inspiring you to do good things AND notice them when you do!



March 2015:
  1. "I went to my first full kickboxing class" - Mia 
  2. "Made it to Moxie Boxing despite the time change and did not put weights down during speed bag" - Anonymous 
  3. "I memorized my Torah portion (mostly) and have started my D'var Torah" - Veronica
  4. "Learning that proper hand position is a glorious accent point to a movement" - Nancy
  5. "Took steps to hire new help so I could do my job better" - anonymous
  6. "A breakthrough in stamina" - Nancy
  7. "I did my first yoga back bend!" - Melissa
  8. "Came back to Kettlebell & endured with distraction" = Anonymous
  9. "I signed up for the Race Against Hate!" - Donna S.
  10. "Commenced Women Out Walking" - Anonymous
  11. "Went out on a huge limb and added performance art to my list of experiences." - Malik
  12. "I went to Kick Boxing today alone for the first time since mom wasn't feeling well.  I had a great time!  I hope mom's feeling better now." - Mia
  13. "I wrote my 1st Sci-Fi story" - Roberta
  14. "I finished the 1st draft of my book." - Mia
  15. "Did not put my hand down for balance on sides in Pilates for the first time." - Tracy
  16. "Got 2 weeks worth of blog posts out of the way for the month." - Anonymous
  17. "Balancing work & fun more." - Anonymous
  18. "I learned how to grapevine" - Aoife
  19. "I walked 10,000 steps a day, everyday last week!" - Margaret
  20. "4 performances over 2 days" - Roberta
  21. "Making it back to Pilates this month has been great" - Anonymous
  22. "Filed ALL my taxes on time." - Malik
  23. "I worked on my personal pillars for my own life's 5 year strategic plan" - Donna
  24. "Kicked off a new FUSED Chicago year" - Anonymous
  25. "I tried bellydance even if I was usually on the wrong foot." - Anonymous
  26. "I did two back-to-back Hip Circle classes!" - Donna
  27. "Performed at ChiFi Convention.  I am officially a nerd." - Roberta
  28. "Got invited to a show after 3 rejections" - Anonymous
  29. "I finished the first draft of my new play!" - Anonymous
  30. "I got up the guts to talk to my dad about possible onset of dementia" - Anonymous
  31. "Just did personal training & circuit back-to-back" - Roberta
  32. "I renamed/rebranded my blog.  Visit me at healthydonna.blogspot.com " - Donna
  33. "I learned how to shimmy" - Anonymous
  34. "Carefully retrained my muscles after a shoulder injury and got back to doing a full Kettlebell AMPD class with the 8 lb kettlebell." - Malik
  35. "I now understand a piece of choreography that I was struggling with!" - Catherine
  36. "I accompanied a friend to radiology appointment/consultation for 4.5 hours and took 5.5 pages of notes." - Anonymous
  37. "I held a short plank for 90 seconds!" - Lindsey
  38. "I have achieved the most awesome rank EVER!  My niece (she's 10) wrote me a letter, listing 5 things she was excited about, including her birthday, Easter, her school field trip, DONUTS, and our gay wedding!  I am as exciting as DONUTS!  That's pretty epic!!!" - Anonymous
  39. "I made it through 2 foam roller (Pilates) classes in 3 days!  Yahoo!!!!" - Anonymous
  40. "I danced with my daughter at her 1st CardioBelly class & she loved it like I do :-)" - Sara Jane
  41. "I came to boxing & it was fabulous" - Roberta
  42. "Got tax papers together" - Anonymous
  43. "Drafted more Etsy listings" - Anonymous
  44. "Auditioned (as was accepted) for the Thursday night Tribal Revolution show." - Malik
  45. "This month, I worked out 8 (!) times at the studio, 4(!) times at the work gym AND hikes on top of that.  This is the most I've exercised in a decade." - Anonymous
  46. "Made it [to the studio] after a long night of dancing." - Anonymous
  47. "Performed a jazz gig with a sound system that was NOT functional." - Roberta
  48. "I volunteered at the Field Museum to lead 3 tours this month & increase science literacy in the population!  I spoke to abut 150 people, in total, for March." - Anonymous
  49. "I passed 8 Elements Initiation!" - Rebecca
  50. "Worked on a difficult WBEW assignment" - Maike
  51. "I registered for W.O.W." - Wendy
  52. "Participated with Malik & Lyna at a feminism convention" - Roberta
  53. "Mom and I got to go to CardioBelly.  It was my first time going and I really liked it!" - Mia
  54. "As of last week this is the longest I've kept up a workout routine since I was a student! (I'm 34)" - Anonymous
  55. "Made it through the ENTIRE WINTER without a single fall." - Malik
  56. "I chopped off my ponytail for pediatric cancer!" - Donna
  57. "Making it here by 8:15 am DST" - Anonymous
  58. "Helped a friend move things out (and am inspired by her to go declutter)" - Anonymous
  59. "I lost 100 lbs!" - Rachel
  60. "I've gone 7 weeks without eating sugar!" - Margaret
  61. "I was able to spin in CardioBelly & not lose balance" - Roberta
  62. "I stood my ground in a calm but stern way." - Anonymous
  63. "I signed up on the Hip Circle team for WOW!" - Donna
  64. "I started contributing to a new humor FB page" - Anonymous
  65. "Got 100% on a math quiz." - Anonymous
  66. "I finished my 2nd 100Days challenge (and started a 3rd) without missing a single day of recording." - Malik

No comments:

Post a Comment