Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Meet Roberta - A Stories from the Studio post

Have I mentioned that we love our students here at the studio?  We have collected an awesome group of women and families who attend - and teach - classes and workshops here and want you to get to know them a bit!  The Stories from the Studio posts will feature a student or teacher - get to know our wonderful community before you get here!


Meet Roberta - Chicago resident, jazz singer, monologist, producer, bubbe to two, and a fixture at the studio.  She has been with us since BEFORE "us" was a thing, having started in classes with me at Performance Arts Limited back in 2008.  You'll find her in Bellydance BaseFusion, CardioBelly, Tai Chi, Moxie Boxing, AND Personal Training - often all of the above in the same week!

How have you changed/benefited since finding Hip Circle Studio?  
Roberta, center, in Bellydance BaseFusion 
I am stronger, more balanced, more empowered. 



What is something you’ve found at the studio that you haven’t found elsewhere/what makes the studio special to you? 
Malik. Malik as a supporter of me and aware of my limitations due to Multiple Sclerosis. 
What else should people know about the studio? 
I have made some lasting and important friendships thru the studio. 
Do you have a favorite instructor?  Who and Why? 
Malik & Roberta at the MS Walk
Malik, because she will tailor work-outs to be within your possibilities physically and she’s just a cool person.  
What else should people know about you? 
That I have MS, but it doesn’t have me.! And I am a very productive person and I am courageous!!  
I produce LOOSE CHICKS, A cast of 5 women monologists.The stories that we tell are typically things that people, especially women are afraid to approach and we give them a voice often with humor often with tears. We open doors for women, we empower thru our stories and most definitely entertain, we are bold, energetic and sexy and certainly not for the weak of heart.
Roberta Performing

No comments:

Post a Comment