Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Initial Thoughts

I have resisted the blog phenomenon for quite a while, so this, my first posting, is a significant event.  In preparation for creating this blog I was asked what my goals are in blogging.  As I am not a writer (which will become evident soon), this is a really good question.

I am blogging because I think I'm in the process of creating something really special at the studio, and I want to share that creation (both the process and the product) with people.  I want to further the community that is growing among the students at the studio.  I want to explore ideas that kick around in my head about body image, the quest for wellness, parenting, bellydance acceptance, exercise aversion, and more.  I want to share news about the variety of people who come to the studio and what they get out of the time they spend there.  I want to share photos and video.  I want a lot!

For these reasons, in addition to all the nudges I've had to start blogging, I begin.  We'll see where this takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment